I asked myself this question the other day ... "Why should farmers partner with us?" And then I asked the folks I work with the same question .... and these are some of the responses we came up with:
1) We add value to your product, and share that gain with you by offering good fair pricing for your products.
2) We are able to access niche markets that the "big guys" may not be interested in.
3) We are able to be variety specific for the end-user ... and this is becoming a bigger factor in today's technologically advanced breeding programs. (eg: GMO flax issues)
4) We are able to respond to market swings quickly ... our systems are multi-use and we can switch commodities quickly.
5) We get our products shipped to the end-users in a timely manner, and are still able to protect the integrity of our products.
6) Our location - we are centrally located in an area that seems to always "get a crop" ... and that allows us to build long-term partnering relationships with a strong base of producers.
7) We are able to help you find a market for your "sow's ears" ... and yes - contrary to the old adage - we can even turn those "sow's ears" into "silk purses"!
Further to this little rant of mine, let me ask you this same question. "WHY should you partner with us?" Send me your response at firstname.lastname@example.org .... thanks!
PS: It's July 12 ... and I have an even more pointed question to ask you! "WHAT is stopping you from partnering with us?" Be brutally honest. Please. We've got broad shoulders!!